Lorraine brings more than 25 years of energy demand and source management experience in both wholesale and retail markets to Bidwell. Over the past 10 years, she has focused on using technology to help utilities source wholesale electricity and natural gas. As a result, Lorraine understands utility commodity procurement challenges and how to scope solutions that deliver value.
Lorraine began her energy career on the demand side at DTE Energy where she sold into the first two open retail markets (PA and NY, 1995). She also worked for the Beaumont Health System and at Johnson Controls, and Energy Gateway. She gained source expertise while working for DTE Energy, as well as at World Energy/EnerNOC where she served as the VP of Wholesale Sales for 10 years.
Lorraine is a respected energy industry leader with deep experience across U.S. procurement methodologies and challenges. She is committed to helping utilities deliver energy to their customers safely, reliably, and economically while maintaining stakeholder interests.
Lorraine graduated Summa Cum Laude with a BS in Electrical Engineering from Lawrence Technical University.
- 25 years’ experience in energy demand and source management in both wholesale and retail markets
- Focused on utility commodity procurement challenges and methodologies for 10+ years
- Deep understanding of a broad range of U.S. utility commodity procurement methodologies and challenges
- Led the first team to conduct a live online auction to help a utility procure wholesale energy commodities using a live streaming technology platform
- Other live online auction firsts include:
- Multiple unit auction producing a bid stack of results for the buyer
- Use of an auction platform for bidder enablement
- Live auction watched by a Public Service Commission in real time
- Use of a live auction for a utility’s “slice of system” requirements
- Two round indicative bid and live auction round